HIHA requires each player to have the following equipment:
- Helmet and full face guard – Must be HECC registered, the proper size, and complete with all the required straps and buckles.
- Skates – Hockey skates are recommended. All braking devices must be removed.
- Stick – Width of the blade must be greater than 2 inches at its narrowest point.
- Elbow Pads
- Shin Guards
- Hockey Gloves
- Crotch Protector – Yes, for girls as well as boys.
- Mouth Guard – Must not be clear.
- Jersey that cover elbow pads completely. HIHA provides jerseys for all youth league players.
- Pants/Sweats that completely cover shin guards.
HIHA recommends each player to have the following equipment:
- Upper Body / Shoulder Pads or padded shirt
- Neck Guard
- Padded Inline Hockey Girdle
Proper fit is very important, so please resist the urge to let your player grow into his/her gear. Correct fitting gear can be the difference between a great season and several weeks healing from an injury.
If you are unsure about the correct size, the people at Play It Again Sports will gladly help. Epuck.com, Hockeygiant.com, Hockeymonkey.com, and several other internet-based hockey stores provide sizing charts and customer service lines.